The guild library has a wide assortment of books, DVDs and magazines on many fiber-related topics. In addition, we have a drum carder and 2 inkle looms. Members may borrow items by requesting that they be brought to the next in-person meeting or by arranging a rendezvous with the librarian. Items may be checked out for one month at a time and may be renewed for additional time if the item has not been requested by another member. Materials are due back at the following in-person meeting.
We have SpinOff and Handwoven magazines in digital format from 2000 through 2020. We also have indexes for both magazines that span more years than we have issues, but are still helpful for researching topics. Take a look at the indexes below to help with your search for specific issues. We also have a complete hardcopy set of PLY Magazine.
Scroll through the attached files below to see the items we have for member checkout and send a request by filling in the request form. Please include:
- your name,
- your email address,
- how you would like your materials delivered,
- the item(s) you desire (you can copy/paste from the library lists) and then
- hit "Send".
Please use the same request form for materials that you would like to see added to the guild library. We can't guarantee that they will be purchased soon, but we will add them to the list. Please see the list below of items already requested.
The Tony Cardarelle Memorial Library
- Spinning Wool: Basics and Beyond DVD, Spinning Cotton, Silk & Flax DVD and Spinning and Plying Textured Yarns DVDs, all three by Patsy Zawistoski
- A New Spin on Color by Alanna Wilcox
- Popular Wheel Mechanics with Judith MacKenzie
- Twisted Tales by Linda Cartwright
- Eye of the Fiber by Linda Cartwright
- The Rhinebeck Sweater by Ysolda Teague
- Lichen Dyes: The New Source Book by Karen Diadick
- Angora, a Handbook for Spinners by Erica Lynne
- The Knitters Book of Wool by Clara Parker
- This Long Thread by Jen Hewett
- Spinning Wheel Sleuth compilation DVDs
GUILD LIBRARY ACQUISITION REQUESTS